Join the “Friends of Havenwood Park” community volunteer group as we host our first park appreciation event!
Special guest speaker “Andy MacKinnon” co-author of
Let us know if you are coming
RSVP to: email@example.com
Parking/Meeting spot is HERE the park entrance on Veteran’s Memorial Parkway
(Between Cairndale Road and Latoria Road)
To find out the best route from where you are use Google Maps.
Havenwood Park is a beautiful 40 acre forest with well groomed hiking trails meandering through mature trees, ferns and Garry Oak meadows making it a favourite recreation spot for many residents. The FOHP group has formed to help the City of Colwood and the Habitat Acquisition Trust preserve the natural features of the park for residents and visitors to enjoy today and for generations to come.
Date – Saturday – May 2, 2015
- 11:00 – 11:15 Attendee sign-in. (please be on time, or even a bit early)
- 11:15 – Noon Guest speakers talking about the park’s history and natural features
- Noon – 12:30 Snack and refreshment time
- 12:30- 2:30 Park nature walk
- 2:30 End of event back at the park entrance
What to bring:
- Dress for the weather.
- Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes or boots
Note: Anyone under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
FOHP supports and is associated with the Habitat Acquisition Trust who hold and manage the conservation covenant for Havenwood Park.